A Queen’s reign is a complicated, majestic monarchy best ruled by an independent empress. Or so I’ve decided as Queen of Words. 🙂 Actually, I just liked how regal and pretentious the first sentence sounded and it made me giggle to write it; plus I thought it would be a funny way to start this post.
This blog has only been active for a couple months and I’m so excited to see how many different people are visiting my site! I really didn’t know who would care to read this and it also didn’t matter as I really was just doing this for a creative outlet. But now I realize how diverse my audience is (hey, South America! hey, Europe!!)
It made me realize, most of these people don’t know me. I figured now would be a good time to introduce myself.
So I thought I would share some truths I hold to be self-evident (haha! I feel very presidential writing words reminiscent of the Declaration of Independence):
- Speaking of independence, I’m an independent woman. I tell it like it is (or at least like it is for me), I’m not afraid to do things alone and I like to handle things myself. My oft-used phrase is “I take care of my own problems.” This article (has a few typos, but) nails the whole independence thing on the head if you’re interested in more attributes of the independent types like me.
- I’m loud. I don’t mean to be. I just am. Not just my speaking voice (my inside voice is the same decibel as a parent yelling from the sidelines of a little league game), but the way I walk, opening and closing doors, my ability to drop just about everything in my hands causing it to crash down. I try, I really do, to be quieter, but I swear, the harder I try to be quiet, the louder I am. It’s a curse. I blame my DNA. My paternal grandmother was super loud too.
- My new role model is Iris Apfel. Check out my recent review of her new book and you’ll understand why.
- I’m human. Sometimes I say the wrong thing or my tone is off, sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes I’m just tired and need a break. Some people have found fault with the qualities mentioned and I’m sorry my humanity is so inconvenient for them. Believe me, I hate the mistakes as much as anybody, but it’s just the way it is.
- My heart is genuine, loving and sincere. No matter how many mistakes I’ve made, remember this above all.
The Queen has spoken!